Tables & Jongs
White Lotus is proud to be the first team in the Pacific Northwest to offer a performance on a set of competition style Jongs (technical name for high poles). Dancing on Jongs takes much stamina, coordination, bravery, and practice. This is considered the pinnacle of lion dance difficulty. Every year, world lion dance federations hold international lion dance competitions all on Jongs; something White Lotus is working hard to achieve within the near future.
Advanced groups around the world work up to the ability to perform amazing stunts on tables and jongs. When watching one of our performances, make sure to notice the attention to detail we put into mimicking natural animalistic tendencies.
Our jong offerings:
- 1-2 lion acrobatic performance on jongs that go up to 6ft
- Special drunken lion, eating lion routines on jongs
- Special lucky scroll drops and confetti endings
- Buddha and Monkey King characters
- Full instrumental team (drum, gong, cymbals) performance