Lion dancing is traditionally a cultural performance, popular in many countries in East Asia. It has been around for millennia and was traditionally used to scare away evil spirits, as well as to bring joy, prosperity, and good fortune to all those involved. Today, it remains as an exciting activity that is not only an exhilarating hobby but also as a way to hold onto the awe-inspiring traditions of generations past.
Over the Summer of 2017, we have had the honor to fly our team over to San Francisco, California to train under Lion Dance Master Siow Ho Phiew. Sifu Siow is one of the founding fathers of the Hok San Southern Chinese Lion Dance Style and allowed us the opportunity develop our lion dance & instrument skills. Currently, we are the only team in Oregon to have trained under Master Siow; including special developments with Puay Sen Tang, Coach of the World's reigning Lion Dance Champions: Kun Seng Keng.
We do many performances in the Portland area every year for Lunar New Year, conventions, grand opening celebrations, weddings, birthdays, and general charity events.
Our Lion Dance Offierings:
- 1-2 lion dance with instrument team performance
- 2-4 lion dance with instrument team performance & drum show
- Special lucky scroll drops and confetti endings
- Buddha and Monkey King characters
- Full instrumental team (drum, gong, cymbals) performance
- 1-2 lion dance on Jongs (High Poles) Performance